University of Kentucky, College of Medicine, Lexington
University of Kentucky, Lexington
Anesthesiology - Pain Management, University of Kentucky, Lexington
Certifications and Special Training
American Board of Anesthesiology, Pain Management
American Board of Anesthesiology
- Spinal injections (epidurals and facets)
- Radiofrequency ablation of the spine, knee and peripheral nerves
- Neuromodulation including spinal cord stimulation and dorsal root ganglion stimulation
- Pain pump implantation and management
- Vertebral augmentation procedures (kyphoplasty)
- Minimally invasive lumbar decompression
- Ultrasound and fluoroscopically guided joint injections
Kentucky Clinic South
2400 Greatstone Point, Suite A100
Lexington, KY 40504
Dr. Michael Harned is the Medical Director of UK Healthcare’s Interventional Pain Associates and the Program Director of the multi-disciplinary Pain Medicine Fellowship at the University of Kentucky. Dr. Harned joined the faculty of the Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Kentucky in 2008. In the intervening years, he has also spent time running a private pain clinic.
Currently the President of the Kentucky Society of Anesthesiologists, Dr. Harned also serves on various committees for the American Society of Anesthesiologists, the American Academy of Pain Medicine, and the International Neuromodulation Society.
Dr. Harned has active research projects on spinal cord stimulation, intrathecal drug delivery, and education, and has published and spoken widely on these and other pain management topics.
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology